What is a Brazilian Wax?
Most of us are familiar with a standard Bikini Wax where the panty line is cleaned up to just within the boundary of where your bathing suit covers. Brazilian waxing is a more involved version where ALL the hair is removed from front to back. Occasionally a client wants to leave a strip or triangle of hair in the front.
Why should I get a Brazilian Wax?
Brazilian waxes are popular for a variety of reasons. Many women appreciate the clean, hair free skin they have afterward. It’s less maintenance than daily shaving, and you aren’t left with itchy razor burn. Also, with regular waxing the hair growth will become less coarse, sparser, and more manageable because the hair follicles are weakened by the waxing process.
Does a Brazilian Wax hurt?
Everyones pain threshold is different, and while a Brazilian Wax isnt’ painless, a competent and skilled esthetician is key to making the experience as comfortable as possible. If your still concerned about pain I always suggest:
- Take an Ibuprofen 20-20 minutes prior to your waxing appointment.
- Hormones have an influence on your pain sensitivity. Avoid waxing the week prior to your menstrual cycle.
- WAX REGULARLY- http://healthsavy.com Schedule your appointments every 3-4 weeks. Not only does it help with discomfort, this will aid in giving your a smoother and cleaner wax.
What should I do to prepare for my Brazilian Wax?
- The hair shaft must be 1/4 inch or longer to wax properly. This means NO SHAVING for three weeks prior to your appointment.
- Exfoliate the night before your appointment with a loofa or scrub. This will make it easier for the hair to be come out of the follicle and help avoid any hairs breaking.
- Shower prior to your waxing appointment. Clean Skin waxes better!
- No Tanning 48 hours prior to your waxing appointment.
What about after my Brazilian Wax?
It’s Common to be tender or sensitive for 12-24 hours after your wax. Take ibuprofen to help reduce any discomfort. To avoid any post wax complications I recommend the following.
- No tanning 24-48 hours after your waxing appointment.
- Avoid excessive sweating for 48 hours.
- Exfoliate regularly! This will help reduce the risk of ingrown hairs. 24 hours after your wax begin using a gentle exfoliating mitt and topical ingrown treatment like PFB Vanish.
If your looking to book a waxing appointment or have any further questions feel free to call Danika at 604-217-7180
Do you want to get gorgeous and glowing? Schedule your skin consultation online or call/text 604-217-7180 today.